Arkansas does not require emissions testing for vehicles, but the state is concerned about the pollution that cars put into the air.
When Arkansas declares an ozone advisory warning there are certain actions you can follow to protect yourself and the other residents of Arkansas:
- Limit automobile use by carpooling, walking or riding the bus.
- Avoid driving during congested “rush hour” traffic and at lunchtime.
- Postpone or combine errands.
- Replace face-to-face meetings with conference calls.
- If possible, telecommute and participate in flextime or compressed-work-weeks.
- Keep your car well-tuned and avoid jackrabbit starts and excessive idling.
- Avoid use of oil-based paints and solvents.
- Refuel motor vehicles and mow lawns during the late afternoon or evening hours only.
Source and more information: http://www.adeq.state.ar.us/air/ozone/cars.htm